Complete, easy-to-follow guide for managing your scoliosis during pregnancy!
“An Essential Guide for Scoliosis and a Healthy Pregnancy” is a month-by-month guide on covering everything you need to know about taking care of your spine and your baby. The book supports your feelings and empathizes with you throughout your amazing journey towards delivering a healthy baby.
By reading, you gain:
- In-depth and up-to-date information on scoliosis and how it can affect your pregnancy. Week-by-week information on what to expect during your pregnancy.
- Information that is suitable for all types of post-operative scoliosis cases and those that, to date, have not yet been operated on.
- Clear, compassionate and comprehensive answers to the common questions about scoliosis and pregnancy.
- Crucial decision making tools decisions for important issues including epidurals, birthing procedures, changes to the spine due to hor mones, and more to protect your baby.
- Tips to help you minimize unnecessary weight gain and keep your nutrient intake high.
- The latest nutritional research that debunks pregnancy food myths and uncovers a number of surprising superfood choices.
- Expert advice on staying fit and eating right during each trimester of pregnancy. Self-care tips for side effects including nausea and back pain.
- Fun, fast, and safe scoliosis exercises during the month of pregnancy and postpartum. Tips for strengthening your pelvic floor, easing back pain, and losing belly fat postpartum.
- Relaxation tips to reduce pain and increase your comfort.
This book provides answers and expert advice for pregnant women suffering from scoliosis. Full of information to cope with the physical and emotional upheavals of pregnancy during scoliosis. From conception to birth and beyond, this guide will hold your hand until you become a happy and proud mother of a healthy newborn baby.
edited by an orthopaedic surgeon
In today’s Information Age, the internet can be a confusing and unreliable resource for those seeking answers to their unique medical conditions. It can be challenging to sift through this information and determine what is reliable or medically authoritative. Reading this book will provide the much-awaited answers to queries regarding two of the most important aspects of pregnancy in scoliosis – Nutrition & Exercises.
I feel humbled to have been offered the opportunity to prepare the foreword for such an important book. Dr. Kevin Lau’s endeavor to author a book on pregnancy and scoliosis is a commendable undertaking, as the topic is one that perplexes many people indeed. Who could be better able to share his expert knowledge and ability to understand the complexities of getting pregnant with scoliosis than an experienced chiropractor? Dr. Kevin Lau is a graduate in Doctor of Chiropractic from RMIT University, Melbourne (Australia) and holds a Masters in Holistic Nutrition. He is also a member of the International Society on Scoliosis Orthopaedic and Rehabilitation Treatment (SOSORT).
This is a wonderful source of information for scoliotic patients who wish to enjoy the process of their pregnancy while taking care of their baby in the healthiest possible manner. I recommend this book for anybody who wants to understand how scoliosis may affect their pregnancy and what steps can be taken in order to safeguard their health.
Dr. Siddhant Kapoor, M.B.B.S, D.N.B.
“As the book title says, it’s an essential guide. I found the guide to be very helpful and found that it did in fact help me feel more comfortable during my pregnancy. It isn’t too boring to read either, which was a plus for me.”
“Overall, this book was very helpful. It gave me the information I needed to know to take care of myself and my baby during my pregnancy (I’m 4 months in now). The only reason I gave it 4 stars is because of its steep price. That said, however, I believe that you get what you pay for and this was somewhat worth it.”
“Overall this book does the trick. My wife is 15 weeks pregnant with our first child, and so far we find this book pretty useful. I like the way they put all the unlikely risks/ diseases in an appendix at the back, so as not to scare the vast majority of mothers who will have a healthy pregnancy and baby. I was impressed with the level of knowledge the author had on scoliosis as our mid wife and doctors tend to know very little or get defensive when we ask them about my wife’s spine.Besides a few complaints about the layout, I find this book overall to be very useful and would recommend it.”
“Fabulous book! Wicked cover and drawings, good inside layout, very useful and blunt advice. Well written. A must have. I must commend the scoliosis exercises, the photos taken was clear and made following them a pleasure!”