What Makes Scoliosis Treatment with Dr. Kevin Lau Different?
Dr. Lau is a world leader amongst scoliosis specialists and is regarded as one of the foremost experts on scoliosis exercise and nutritional based treatments. An Australian born native, Dr. Kevin Lau knew from an early age that he wanted to serve those with scoliosis. After graduating with his Doctor of Chiropractic from RMIT University in Melbourne Australia, he founded his award winning clinic in Singapore – a major international hub with easy access from other countries.
He has studied the most effective non-surgical scoliosis treatments such as Clear Methods, The Schroth Method, Yoga and various other techniques around the world, and combined them into his own EXCLUSIVE comprehensive and holistic approach to treating scoliosis.
His is the first scoliosis treatment approach that uses nutritional support principles in combination with both static and dynamic scoliosis equipment. Recent clinical studies have shown that certain neurotransmitter (brain chemical) imbalances are commonly found in scoliosis patients. These neurotransmitters are directly related to your spine’s reflex control mechanism which affects your spine’s alignment. Dr. Lau ‘s treatment focus is to rebalance and correct these. Dr. Lau’s successful method of scoliosis reduction produces amazing results using early intervention and manipulation instead of braces and surgery. We believe that while a reduction in physical symptoms will make a huge difference in your life, the right treatment goes even further. It can transform you by putting you back in control of your health, and reminding you that there is always hope. Other treatments focus only on the part of the spine that is curved, but our approach addresses the spine as a whole. By working on balance and weight distribution all the way from the pelvis to the skull, we are able to change the messages sent out by the nervous system. This addresses the root cause of the condition, which leads to results that last – a smaller spinal curve and less pain.
Watch Dr. Kevin Lau on prime time TV:
What Makes Scoliosis Treatment with Dr. Kevin Lau different from all others?
- Ever since his brother suffered from the condition when they were children Dr. Lau showed an interest in scoliosis. Through his own family’s frustration with the available treatments, he was led into the study of chiropractic.
- In 2003, after his second year of practicing after graduating, he dedicated his time to researching and learning about scoliosis from the best professionals in the field. This included the CLEAR protocol, Schroth Method and Yoga.
- In 2006, Dr Kevin Lau obtained his Masters in nutrition to further his understanding of nutrition in relation to scoliosis, and also based his thesis on that subject.
- To date, Dr. Lau has treated thousands of patients with scoliosis, with patients flying in from around the world to seek treatment in his clinic or via skype consultation.
Award Winning Scoliosis Treatment Programs
Utilizing Dr. Kevin Lau’s revolutionary approach to scoliosis treatment, we are able to evaluate each scoliosis case based on its unique circumstances. We then customize the care provided to each individual patient, achieving the greatest possible curvature correction WITHOUT the need for a brace or surgery.
Local Scoliosis Treatment for Gradual Curve Reduction
Recommended For Patients Who Live In Singapore
For patients who live near Dr. Kevin Lau’s clinic in Singapore and are able to visit frequently for weekly appointments, we offer the option of an Extended Care treatment plan. The Extended Care treatment plan offers essentially the same treatment as the Intensive Care plan except that the patient is seen 2 times per week over the course of 1 – 3 months. The Extended Care option offers the possibility of treatment without the need to miss any time from school or work, as well as the premium benefit of Dr. Kevin Lau personally monitoring your progress on a weekly basis.
Overseas Scoliosis Treatment for Rapid Curve Reduction
Recommended For Patients Who Live Outside of Singapore
Intensive Scoliosis Treatment is usually recommended for overseas patients, as this treatment provides excellent results in the least amount of time, and with minimal disruption to the daily schedule of the patient and patient’s family. It is comprised of 3-5 days of treatment (not including weekends) with each day’s treatment lasting up to 4-5 hours and normally totaling about 25 hours of treatment over the course of each week. Following treatment, the patient receives a comprehensive, customized home rehabilitation protocol designed to maintain the gains achieved during the treatment period, promote further gains in correction of spinal curvature, and help increase spinal stability during any upcoming growth spurts.
- 3 days of Intensive Scoliosis Treatment is recommended for curvatures of less than 20 degrees.
- For curvatures of 20 degrees and more, 5 day of Intensive Scoliosis Treatment are recommended.
Comparisons: Local Care vs. Overseas Care
|Local Care (patients living in Singapore)||Intensive Care (overseas patients)||Boston/Spincor Bracing||Scoliosis Surgery|
|Results||Gradual reduction of curvature with no side effects||Rapid reduction of curvature with no side effects||No reduction of curve||Rapid reduction of curvature but with risks of long term side effects|
|Time||1-3 months of clinic treatment time commitment||3-5 days of clinic treatment time commitment with home therapy after||Short clinic visits with follow up fitting and x-rays. Wearing the brace for 23 hours every day till spinal maturity (approx. age 17)||Long wait time for surgery. Procedure usually takes one day with up to 1 year rehabilitation.|
|Home Therapy||Split between office and at home therapy||Solely dependent on at home therapy||None||Post surgery rehabilitation.|
|Schedule||Minimal interruption of regular routine||Short-term (1-2 week) interruption of regular routine||1 – 2 times a year.||1 day surgery.|
|Travel||Greater total travel time to and from clinic||Less total travel time to and from clinic||Local hospital.||Local hospital.|
Mission Goals of Scoliosis Care
- Identifying Primary and Compensatory Scoliosis Curvatures as well as the root cause of the scoliosis. For example, is the root cause a neurological condition involving the oculo-vestibular system, the neck, the mid-back, or the lower back and pelvis? Identifying the root cause is a key to creating the best and most effective curvature reduction treatment plan.
- Preventing scoliosis curvature(s) from worsening.
- Reducing scoliosis curvature(s) and restoring normal lordosis and kyphosis curvatures of the neck, mid-back, and lower back
- Maintaining curvature reduction and improving motion, flexibility, and strength to the joints, discs, muscles, and vertebrae of the spine.